Copper Sulfate Boiling Point

If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email:

copper sulfate boiling point is the temperature at which copper sulfate can be fully dissolved in water. It is most commonly used as a pesticide, algaecide, and herbicide for agriculture purposes.

The boiling point of copper sulfate is usually between 150 degC and 300 degF. This boiling point is based on the chemical formula of copper sulfate pentahydrate (CuSO4H2O).

When copper sulfate is heated it loses water of crystallization and becomes an anhydrous salt. This is why hydrated copper sulfate crystals are blue.

Hydrated copper sulfate is also known as cupric sulfate, or blue vitriol for its bright blue color. It is an inorganic compound that is formed when copper metal and sulfuric acid are mixed. It has a wide range of uses in the laboratory and in industrial applications.

It is also used as a raw material for the production of other copper salts such as chloride, bromide, and nitrate. It is widely used in analytic chemistry, electroplating, and batteries.

Copper sulfate is toxic to humans, pets, and the environment in high doses. It may be especially harmful to children, pregnant women, and people with immune deficiencies. It can cause severe allergic reactions, including dermatitis. It can damage the kidneys and lungs. It can also cause vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pain. In some cases, it can be fatal if taken in large amounts.